Secure Seismic Solution: Seismic Frame
In studies of earthquakes between 2000-2013, it has shown that the vertical ground motion created significant damage to nonstructural components in buildings. In mission-critical data centers, electrical and telecom environments raised floors are commonly used and will not amplify the vertical ground motions.
If a system is sensitive to shaking, it is likely to be sensitive in all three orthogonal directions. A lot of people are investing in lateral base isolation systems and will be shocked at the damage due to the vertical ground motions. The Bergvik design does not depend on any support from a raised floor but is instead securely anchored directly from the equipment rack or cabinet down to the concrete subfloor with seismic anchors.
- All projects are designed in Autodesk Revit or CAD
- Full turnkey design process from inception to implementation, including complete clash detection
- Dynamic seismic and load calculations available from engineer upon request
- Electrical Equipment Rooms / Substations / Switchgear Rooms
- Mission Critical Facilities (Government, Military, Power)
- Lab Equipment and Clean Rooms
- Installation services are available globally through Enconnex certified partners.
- Off-the-shelf product
- Unprecedented flexibility and adaptability
- No diagonal bracing required for pedestals
- Recyclable and environmentally friendly
- 5-Year standard product warranty
Claim your Free Quote
|Total gross weight||Ca 194 kg/m2|
|Uniform distributed load (UDL)||Up to 14 kN/m2|
|Finished floor height (FFH)||350 mm - 915 mm|
What They're Saying
We have been using Bergvik’s Seismic Bracing Frames for the Ericsson BYB 501 cabinet since the BYB 501 cabinet was introduced more than 10 years ago.
On the 11th of March 2011, we experienced the Tohoku Region Pacific Coast Earthquake. The Tohoku region was devastated by a magnitude 9.0 earthquake. It was and still remains, the fourth biggest earthquake in the world since 1900.
The Bergvik Seismic bracing frames were installed in the customer network center located in the Sendai city of Miyagi Prefecture. The city had horrific damage by this earthquake and subsequent Tsunami. In the switch room some of the ceiling fell and another vendor’s rack inclined. However, our equipment on the Bergvik Bracing Frame remained stationary and survived. Therefore, I can highly recommend Bergvik as a vendor of seismic bracing frame solutions.
- Yoshihiro Furusato, General Manager, Nippon Ericsson KK
Since 2006, Digicel has used the Bergvik Iso Floor raised floor and seismic zone 4 bracing system. On the 12th of January 2010 Haiti was devastated by a magnitude 7.2 Earthquake. The Switch Rooms equipped with Bergvik Iso Floor remained operational, none of the racks fixed on seismic braces were affected; our network core survived the earthquake and kept the service up when the country most needed it. We can highly recommend Bergvik as a vendor of raised floor and seismic bracing solutions.
- Bernard Y., CTIO, Digicel Haiti