Embedded Firmware Engineer
Embedded Firmware Engineer (Reno, NV)
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Firmware Engineer to help drive innovation for key R&D initiatives. He/she will be an integral part of the team, collaborating across functions to deliver technology for our future product platforms. He/she will think creatively to solve difficult technological problems within a cross-functional team. He/she is a flexible, out-of-the-box thinker and familiar with data center products, various firmware languages, electrical circuit design and processor selection, system architecture, simulations, testing processes, and data collection and analysis.
- Travel average of 50%
- Outline firmware feature additions for communication with team
- Develop algorithms for successful implementation of firmware
- Properly manage and archive firmware code changes
- Cross validate code with other firmware engineers
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant embedded firmware engineering experience
- Experience in C/C++/Python
- Experience with data acquisition systems, testing, data collection and analysis
- Experience with varieties of lab test equipment, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function generators, power supplies, SMU, high precision DMMs, data loggers, etc.
- Experience with serial communication protocols like UART, I2C, SPI, I2S, SWI and USB
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Firmware and software testing validation experience
- Team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow professionally
- Previous experience with data center related products
- Experience with rechargeable battery powered electronics
- Software development experience
- PLC controls experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability