Electro-Mechanical Technician (Reno, NV)
We are seeking an experienced electro-mechanical technician for evaluation, troubleshooting and repair of a variety of cooling and power products.
- Read and understand written Procedures/Work instructions, blueprints/schematics and other written documentation.
- Safely move heavy equipment about the shop using provided equipment.
- Mechanically install components using a variety of hand tools, power tools lifting devices and fixturing.
- Install cable connections and wiring per documentation.
- Perform functional tests per documentation.
- Collect, record, and transcribe data.
- Maintain process capability and production volume while maintaining and/or improving quality standards.
- Maintain tooling and equipment.
- Identify non-conforming product and processes and document these in the quality system.
- Work with Process Engineers to correct non-conformances where instructed to do so.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Electromechanical Technicians will work closely with Process Engineers to ensure the products safely meet the product requirement and internal specifications
- Electromechanical Technicians will work closely with QA to ensure quality requirements are met.
- Will work with Test Technicians to resolve reported failures with the product or processes.
- Establishes good working relationships with co-workers and supervisors through daily communications
EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE OPERATION
The incumbent in this position may operate any/all of the following equipment:
- Telephone, cell phone, fax, email
- Computer, printer and related equipment
- Oscilloscope, multimeter, and other test equipment
- Basic and precision hand tools
- Power Tools
- Machine moving equipment
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- A combination of education and work experience exceeding 5 years in a related field
- Familiar with a variety of mechanical concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new requirements and learn new concepts
- Strong control of the English language
- Asks “What more can I do?”
The environment for this position is an open warehouse/production floor that is clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The incumbent is in an open production-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. In addition, travel may be required up to 25% of the time to meet customer satisfaction goals.
In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
- Will spend substantial time standing, sitting, speaking and listening
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds unassisted and 100 pounds with assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds with equipment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering the health or safety of him/herself or others.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.